Author Topic: Creating a vector map using the Pixel Processor node?  (Read 1739 times)

Hello there, I'm taking a stab on attempting to create a vector map of sorts using the Pixel Processor node and I'm wondering if anyone can shed some light on this.

What I'm essentially trying to do is create a vector map that defines the "up" direction of the UVs after a UV image has been passed through a Tri-Planar node. The idea is to use said map to solve the issue that arises when passing a Normal Map though said Tri-Planar node where the normals are no longer facing the correct way. I attached a screenshot of where I'm at in terms of the UV map projection.

I fiddled around with trying to get this vector from the resulting projection, screenshot also attached for that, and so far I'm scratching my head on how to solve a vector out of it... perhaps I just need to get a unit vector for the pixels themselves or something? I'm not sure.

Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated and hopefully we can use this to resolve this Normal Map Tri-Planar shenanigans for the most part. Would make it more ideal to project with the normal map as opposed to using a heightmap instead which doesn't look as good.