Author Topic: Textures exporting incorrectly  (Read 3701 times)

Hi there,

I have just signed up to substance source and I am converting some .sbars to textures. The first material texture exports created correctly. From then on I had bad results in one or more textures.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks!

James

Hi there,

I have just signed up to substance source and I am converting some .sbars to textures. The first material texture exports created correctly. From then on I had bad results in one or more textures.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks!

James

Hi James,

I'm having issues with the attached image. It's now showing and if I download it's blank. Can you try reattaching it again?
Can you describe more about how the results are bad?

Cheers,
wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hi Wes,

Thank you for the reply.

I have taken for example the planks_cypress_nailed.sbsar

https://source.allegorithmic.com/#/substances/search/planks/6d319d84c4af7a1072a7411c8bec45e24189de33

and in the substance node used "export" textures to attempt to get the diffuse etc textures for rendering in arnold.

Attached are the results with and without the "advanced parameters" wood nails option.

Perhaps I am doing some thing wrong??

Houdini version is 15.5.565.

Thanks!

James

Hi Wes,

Thank you for the reply.

I have taken for example the planks_cypress_nailed.sbsar

https://source.allegorithmic.com/#/substances/search/planks/6d319d84c4af7a1072a7411c8bec45e24189de33

and in the substance node used "export" textures to attempt to get the diffuse etc textures for rendering in arnold.

Attached are the results with and without the "advanced parameters" wood nails option.

Perhaps I am doing some thing wrong??

Houdini version is 15.5.565.

Thanks!

James

Hi James,

Thanks for posting the file. I will take a look. I'm traveling a bit this week so I probably won't have a reply until Thursday, but I wanted you to know that I am looking into this.

CHeers,
wes
the3dninja@adobe.com

No worries Wes, thank you for the reply.

James

Hi James,

I checked the sbsar file and I'm not seeing an issue with the substance. I am getting a gamma issue which could be an issue with or plugin and not flagging the base color as sRGB. Can you attach a screen shot of what you are getting?

Cheers,
wes
the3dninja@adobe.com