Author Topic: Scripting: how do I set a checkbox state?  (Read 2725 times)

I have a plugin which needs to remember user settings. I use the alg.settings namespace to store the values which works fine. However, I have a checkbox on a dockWidget and I need to set the checked state depending on the retrieved setting.

How do I do this?

When you create your checkbox in qml, you can set a property named "checked".
Simply change its value based on what is stored in the settings. :)
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

I can do this from the same file, but how do I do this from main.qml (checkbox is in DockWidged.qml) or from the .js file?

Can you show an example of your code and what you want to achieve ?
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

See the line "Problem is here". I want to read a settings value at startup and then set the state of the checkbox accordingly.

In main.qml:
Code: [Select]
    //executed at startup
    Component.onCompleted:{

//add toolbar
var button = alg.ui.addToolBarWidget("button.qml")//add a button to toolbar

var dockWidget = alg.ui.addDockWidget("dockWidget.qml")//add dock widget
var exportExternal = alg.settings.value("exportExternalDockWidget", false);

//Problem is here. How to set the checkbox (checked or not checked) as retrieved by the alg.settings value.
//Something like this? But that doesn't work.
dockWidget.exportExternalCheckBox.checked = exportExternal;

NormalFix.log("Normal Fix Plugin has been created", "info")
}

In dockWidget.qml:

CheckBox {
y:30
checked: false
id: exportExternalCheckBox

style: CheckBoxStyle {
label: Text {
color: "white"
text: "Export to external directory"
}
}

onClicked:{

NormalFix.exportExternalDockWidget = checked;
alg.settings.setValue("exportExternalDockWidget", NormalFix.exportExternalDockWidget);
}
}

Have you tried to use an 'alias' instead of the 'id'?
Create an alias in your root component in dockWidget.qml like this: property alias exportExternal: exportExternalCheckBox
Then, in your main.qml, replace dockWidget.exportExternalCheckBox by dockWidget.exportExternal
-----------

Ok, will try that.

Just tried it but unfortunately it doesn't work. Using the alias I can't set the checkbox state on startup.

Just tried it but unfortunately it doesn't work. Using the alias I can't set the checkbox state on startup.
Can you explain a bit more ? What doesn't work ?
The code mentioned above was working on my side.
-----------

The checkbox was still set to the default state at startup and using the alias wouldn't override that. But if it works on your side, maybe I did something wrong. Will try again.

Is it also possible to set the checkbox state in java script?

I have attached a little example. Hopefully that will explain a bit better how it works. :)
-----------

Thanks, I got it to work now. Even with the example it took quite some experimenting. Turns out I had to place the alias in the root, not in the rectangle:

Item {
    id: root
property alias alias_checkbox: id_checkbox
        objectName: "Normal Fix"

Rectangle {
       id: rect    
       anchors.fill: parent
       color: "#2e2e2e"   

// file dialog
        Item {
          id: browse