Author Topic: udim texture sets problem  (Read 2264 times)

Hello!

I have a character with multiple udims and when I import it I get strange additional texturesets named for example "10051", in addition to 1004, 1005, etc.
What's the cause? My uvs are not overlapping the borders I believe..

Thanks a lot for any hints!

seb

Do these tiles have anything on them or are they just blank?

There is - and now some bits are on the 1005 and some others on the 10051 texture set!

if it's of any help I could send you my file..

Can you send me the mesh by PM ?
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Hello I had this issue before. If you use 3ds max and Vray, I think the problem comes from the multisub obj. You have to apply a standar shader on your mesh before to import it.

Ylos - that was it!! Thanks a lot!

We are still interested into seing your mesh. That would help us fix the issue without the need to re-setup your Mesh in max. :)
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Here is a simple test obj that illustrates the "problem" - maybe it's a wanted behavior? I don't really see the use though..

It works fine on my side with the obj you attached, however I see you didn't the mtl file, maybe that's why. Can you provide it too ?
-----------

here you are!

Thanks, I have reproduced the issue. :)
-----------