Author Topic: switching the shader to pbr-metal-rough wont display my diffuse channel  (Read 1070 times)

I started a project using the pbr-spec-gloss but I want to switch to pbr-metal-rough, when I do so however my diffuse shows up as light grey in the material view mode, if I just display the color channel it looks as it should. Anyone know how to resolve this?

This was answered by mail :

It is not possible to switch between PBR workflows in the middle of a project, simply because this require different shaders and different channels.
The Metallic/Roughness workflow use the BaseColor channel, while the Specular/Glossiness workflow use the Diffuse channel. Also both of these channels don't contain the same informations (especially for metals), so they can't be exchanged between the shaders. In addition to that, there are other limitations (some materials created in Spec/Gloss can't be converted as-is to Metal/Rough for example).
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.