Author Topic: Substance Plugin for Preview  (Read 1283 times)

Hi, I'm currently enrolled in school for Game Art and the newest preview edition of UE4 fixes a glitch present from 3.11-3.13 I'd like to be able to use the substance plugin and use 4.14 but I know the plugin isn't used for preview builds. I've seen that a couple of times people have been able to compile the plugin for a per project basis and I was wondering if there was a way I might do that. I already have access to the github(s)

Hi, I'm currently enrolled in school for Game Art and the newest preview edition of UE4 fixes a glitch present from 3.11-3.13 I'd like to be able to use the substance plugin and use 4.14 but I know the plugin isn't used for preview builds. I've seen that a couple of times people have been able to compile the plugin for a per project basis and I was wondering if there was a way I might do that. I already have access to the github(s)

Hi,

I'm sorry, but we don't release a version of the plugin on GitHub for preview builds. We keep the preview builds internal as they tend to move quickly. We only upload the official release builds on GitHub and the Marketplace.

With GitHub, you can compile the latest engine with the plugin and this is released sooner that the plugin that appears on the Marketplace.

Cheers,
Wes

Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja