Author Topic: Surface Designer Stripes Alignment Question  (Read 3479 times)

Hello,

I'm working on a texture using the stripes node and I need it to be seamless and I'm having a hard time with it.  I've attached an example of the texture and then one with a Photoshop offset applied. 

I've tried to use just one stripe and a 2D transform rotation to get exactly 45 degrees but that also doesn't work. 

I'm sure there is a fairly easy way to do this and I'm hoping all the experts here can point me in the right direction.  I'd appreciate any ideas on this.  I am fairly new to SD.

Secondly, it would be fantastic if  the 2D output window had a button to tile your texture to see how it would look.  This would probably need a few options on wrap methods.  Just a suggestion...
Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 12:53:47 am

You will need move your stripy to like this.

This should be working.

Hi,

You can press "space" to display tiling in the 2D view.
This way, you should be able to adjust the 2D transform size using the widget and have a correct tiling.
Lead technical artist
gaetan.lassagne@allegorithmic.com

THank you both for your response.  I did not realize that "space" could be hit to show tiling.  Fantastic.  Much appreciated Gaetan.

Daniel, I'll try what you said.  Thanks.  I was able to get this working somewhat using an FX-MAP, but the ability to control the look is more limited.

Regards,

Michael

Use transform 2d zoom in a bit and move it to left, keep horizon tile on. That what you need to do.