Author Topic: Painting in 2d View  (Read 4049 times)

Hi

I have a quick question. In the 3d View the closer you are to a mesh the smaller the texture is that you are trying to apply.

Is there a way to this in the 2d View as well? as at the moment when I zoom in closer it stays the same size.

Thanks

I'm not sure what you mean, I have the same behavior in both views.

ok thats odd when I zoom in on the 2D view the texture stays the origional size..

Maybe I will try and uninstall and re-install the software.

ok thats odd when I zoom in on the 2D view the texture stays the origional size..

Maybe I will try and uninstall and re-install the software.

I get the same behavior in both views as well. When you say the texture stays the same size, are you using a stencil or image as a mask? I'm wondering if you are referring to the brush size changing.

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

stencil material setup from imported images...

I can change the brush size ok but if I zoom in on the 3d section the texture I am painting with then gets smaller,does not do this in 2d view.

I have not tried a re-install yet not had the time

stencil material setup from imported images...

I can change the brush size ok but if I zoom in on the 3d section the texture I am painting with then gets smaller,does not do this in 2d view.

I have not tried a re-install yet not had the time

If I have the split 2D/3D view with Stencil, zooming in with either view will cause the brush size to change. The stencil texture is not changing though. Is that not what is happening?

Cheers,

Wes
the3dninja@adobe.com

Yeah when i zoom in on the 3d view and start to paint the stencil size changes. So if I am close it paints a much smaller texture than when I am zoomed out.

On the 2d view it just stays one size.

Yeah when i zoom in on the 3d view and start to paint the stencil size changes. So if I am close it paints a much smaller texture than when I am zoomed out.

On the 2d view it just stays one size.

Could you please post a screen shot or perhaps a video on the issue? I can't seem to reproduce this problem.

Cheers,

Wes
the3dninja@adobe.com

actually I just had the chance to take another look at today and I noticed there was a new version to download..

Installed the new version and its working perfect now.

:)

actually I just had the chance to take another look at today and I noticed there was a new version to download..

Installed the new version and its working perfect now.

:)

Great news!

Cheers,

Wes
the3dninja@adobe.com