Author Topic: Further shelf improvements (post-2.4)  (Read 2232 times)

I'll duplicate my YouTube comment, relating the 2.4 release video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa23w1XRbZ4

Noooo! I mean, I <3 you, Allegorithmic. This is a long awated update, and it shows you listen to your users. BUT. WHY, oh why, do you have to go to the settings window, to use the feature at 18:45? The "hide default resources" feature. It would be SO useful to have it as a little button on the shelf UI itself. Pleeeease :)

Wait. So, after the shelf overhaul... you still can't delete a resource?  :o

I imported an alpha, and now I need to update it. I can understand the lack of "update" or "re-load" function, although it wouldn't be impossible to implement (either add the ability to LINK resources, like in Designer, or store source file path), but I can't even delete the alpha from within SP. I have to close SP and replace the file manually in the shelf folder...

Please tell me I'm wrong.

One recommendation is that the minimum shelf size needs to be ever so slightly smaller, so that it perfectly fits one row of Large icons (@1080p). That way, as you scroll through the list with the mouse wheel, every row shows up nicely.

@rosenand The 2.4 update is only the first step towards a perfect shelf, we have a lot on our plate still :)

Hello again :)

So this may technically be the same case as my "updating an alpha resource" example above, but I'd like to mention it anyway, because maybe I'm just doing something wrong, and there already is a workaround...

What I'm talking about is the Designer -> Painter pipeline. I'm working on a filter in SD and testing it in some of my SP projects. I have both programs open, switching constantly between them, tweaking stuff. Every time I modify my filter and export an sbsar, I have to close Painter and open it again, because otherwise the sbsar doesn't update in the shelf.

Is this how it has to be at the moment? Thanks :)

What I'm talking about is the Designer -> Painter pipeline. I'm working on a filter in SD and testing it in some of my SP projects. I have both programs open, switching constantly between them, tweaking stuff. Every time I modify my filter and export an sbsar, I have to close Painter and open it again, because otherwise the sbsar doesn't update in the shelf.

Instead of importing the sbsar in the shelf, try to importing it in the project. You will be able to reload it. Once you are done iterating on it, that's the right time to put it in your shelf. :)
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.