Author Topic: Multi Material Blend - more slots, anyone ?  (Read 605 times)

Hi,

Does anyone have a multi mat blend node with more slots ? Its a super tedious task to do, so I'd ask before I start doing it myself.

Second question, do you have any tips for editing xml files ? Any recommendation for xml editor and how to edit SD nodes in it ? Im talking about 255-ish slots.... I will want to assign them specific pre-picked color values for mask.

Third question, did anyone attempt to build master sbs file, with tens or hundreds of materials and single Material/Mesh ID image to assign them to mesh? Then simple batch file to go thru library of meshes to generate textures. Just an idea.

thanks!

Hey,

I'd not advise you to make a 255input material blend, it may really kill the performances in SD.
And create a master graph containing hundreds of materials is also not a so good idea.
Product Manager - Allegorithmic

Thanks for suggestion.

I think I remember Wes saying that Multi Material Blend is rather efficient and evaluates only requested material. I dont mind if SD performance will be slow, because it will be rather offline texture generation process on the farm.

Would love to hear if anyone has attempted similar approach.