Author Topic: substance.create crashes Modo 10.2v1  (Read 12011 times)

As soon as I click on Texture/Substance/Create substance modo crashes. Switching from CPU to GPU doesn't matter. Incoming substance is made with SD 5.5.1 build 18801.

Modo 10.2v1 - 126693
Substance_MODO_901_Plugin_2.1.0

As soon as I click on Texture/Substance/Create substance modo crashes. Switching from CPU to GPU doesn't matter. Incoming substance is made with SD 5.5.1 build 18801.

Modo 10.2v1 - 126693
Substance_MODO_901_Plugin_2.1.0

Hi,

I'm sorry for this issue. This is a known problem. We should have the fix ready by next week and I'll add the update to our downloads page. We are also submitting to the Foundry for the 10.x plugin so it should be available through your Foundry account in the coming weeks as well. We can update the plugin from our site much quicker and get the latest version in users hands.

Cheers,
Wes

Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hello! When you try to switch the render engine in Modo, an error occurs. The card is suitable for the requirements. Implement the recommendations to correct the registry for TDR. But the error remains. I can not turn on the GPU. Please, tell me what am I doing wrong?

P.S. I tried different drivers, including the most recent. My graphics card: GTX 770. And Modo not crash. I just have an error.
Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 10:00:49 pm

I think this dialog is not actually an error, it's only there to provide you with information about possible problems and allows you to choose if you indeed want to use GPU rendering. (Using an "error" popup for this is certainly confusing.)

I think this dialog is not actually an error, it's only there to provide you with information about possible problems and allows you to choose if you indeed want to use GPU rendering. (Using an "error" popup for this is certainly confusing.)

So, can I disable this message and not to think about it? Because it appears every time I create a new substance material.

So, can I disable this message and not to think about it? Because it appears every time I create a new substance material.

Hi,

Yes, you can just disable the message. It's a warning for the GPU engine. We are not testing the GPU, it's just a warning for users who may try the GPU engine and they have a card that doesn't meet the requirements. Your card is fine : )

Cheers,

Wes
the3dninja@adobe.com

Hi, I just bought the kit yesterday. But I have the same problem ... modo crashes. Is there a fix? I am on osx. I was looking foward to be using a shader for a project. I am a bit stuck now. Cheers

Hey Guys,

Here are the latest beta builds of the MODO plugin. Can you please give these a try to see if it fixes the issue for you? I've been running these builds and not getting a crash.

Cheers,
wes
the3dninja@adobe.com

I'm afraid I have the same issue, and the beta version doesn't seem to fix the issue. I may have installed it incorrectly? As soon as I click create substance - Modo Crashes...

I'm afraid I have the same issue, and the beta version doesn't seem to fix the issue. I may have installed it incorrectly? As soon as I click create substance - Modo Crashes...

Hi Chris,

Are you having an issue in 10.2v1 with build 233 I posted above?

Cheers,
Wes
the3dninja@adobe.com

HI Chris,

Are you using the menu Texture>Create Substance or the keyboard shortcut ctrl+alt+s?

Cheers,
Wes

the3dninja@adobe.com

New to Substance but long-time Modo user.  I'm running Modo 10.2 v1 (Windows 8.1 Pro) with the latest plugin downloaded from the post earlier in this thread.  When attempting to load one of the default Substance materials (e.g. Gravel) that comes with the Designer 6 install, I'm getting an immediate and repeatable Modo crash everytime.

This is a big deal as Modo is my main modelling and rendering app and I just signed on to Substance Live today.  I'm disappointed and hope this will be resolved asap.  In the meantime, my Allegorithmic subscription is kind of useless to me.

New to Substance but long-time Modo user.  I'm running Modo 10.2 v1 (Windows 8.1 Pro) with the latest plugin downloaded from the post earlier in this thread.  When attempting to load one of the default Substance materials (e.g. Gravel) that comes with the Designer 6 install, I'm getting an immediate and repeatable Modo crash everytime.

This is a big deal as Modo is my main modelling and rendering app and I just signed on to Substance Live today.  I'm disappointed and hope this will be resolved asap.  In the meantime, my Allegorithmic subscription is kind of useless to me.

Hi,

Very sorry for this issue. This is a known issue. We have this fixed and I will post a new update to the modo beta plugin soon.

Here is a workaround:

In the shader tree, make sure you have something selected before creating the substance. For example, select the material group where you want the substance to be added. This will not crash when you create the substance.

Cheers,
wes

the3dninja@adobe.com

I managed to get things to work by using the keyboard shortcut (control + alt + s) instead of the menu option.  Seems to work.

Hi we have this fixed now :) I'll be posting the new version in the plugin update thread.

Cheers,
wes
the3dninja@adobe.com