Author Topic: Full documentation of nodes ?  (Read 694 times)

Hi !

In the online doum,entation of the nodes there are only the ones that show in the menu popping by tapping the space bar but
where are all the rest?
There are tutorials where I see the tutor using a node and I am wondering - how the hell does he know about them and how can I ?

ALSO: How come I see no tutorials on the Specular/Glossiness preset ??

TIA

NIR

Hi !

In the online doum,entation of the nodes there are only the ones that show in the menu popping by tapping the space bar but
where are all the rest?
There are tutorials where I see the tutor using a node and I am wondering - how the hell does he know about them and how can I ?

ALSO: How come I see no tutorials on the Specular/Glossiness preset ??

TIA

NIR

Hi,

I'm sorry but we are still working on the documentation for the node library. We only have the core operational nodes at this time. In the Designer getting started series on our youtube channel I will be adding a video that goes over the commonly used nodes.

In terms of spec gloss, we typically just use metal rough as the data is the same. It's just represented differently in the maps but to core principles work for both workflows. When you say preset, are you talking about the workflow itself or something specific about spec/gloss.

Cheers,
wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Wes
hi and thx for the prompt reply.

I am waiting for the full docs to be created.
I did manage to work with the spec/gloss graph template - I have trid several times and couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting a shiny output but today I solved it by changing the Materials=>> definitions.