Author Topic: Invisible faces/disappearing geometry  (Read 2549 times)

Hey guys, does anyone know why some of my faces aren't showing? It has to be something with the UVs but I cant figue it out (they aren't flipped or anything)

If you rotate the camera to look from the other side, are the faces visible ?
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

I'm not sure how to describe it.The geometry doesn't have thickness which is fine, the other geometry is also without thickness and it displays properly. Maybe these screenshots will help. The objects with that problem end up completely black in Maya after I apply the textures.

What you see is perfectly normal.
Polygons are by default only visible from the front. If you want to see them by the back too, you will have to switch for an other shader. In the viewer setting change the shader to the one that contains "alpha test" in its name.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.