Author Topic: Manuals  (Read 1761 times)

Are there proper, fleshed out manuals somewhere? I saw what's on here but that's not even remotly complete and certainly not usable as a tutorial guide. The Tutorials on here only cover Designer ... did someone make extensiv ehelp for Painter?

A priority is finding out how I include Substance Painter into the workflow using blnder as modeller and Octane as renderer.

Hello,

Here is our online documentation for all products.

http://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/display/HOME/Documentation+for+the+Allegorithmic+Products

In terms of using SP with blender and octane, it should work well. Let me know what type of workflow you are wanting to achieve. You would start by exporting the models from blender into SP. In SP, you would setup the channels you will need for rendering with octane. For example, SP defaults to using a PBR workflow with diffuse, normal, roughness and metallic channels. You can create your own channels as well in the Document Settings.

After you are finished painting, you would then export the maps at bitmaps and use these with the octane materials.

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

All I get is '502 Bad Gateway' for manuals and, of course, there are no tutorials for Player or bitmap2material!!! I should have checked this before I bought Bitmap2material. Having never used this program nor done any other material generation/manipulation, I'm stuck. :(
SketchUp, Thea Render, Substance, 
"Never underestimate the intelligence of your audience nor overestimate your own" - Bob James

All I get is '502 Bad Gateway' for manuals and, of course, there are no tutorials for Player or bitmap2material!!! I should have checked this before I bought Bitmap2material. Having never used this program nor done any other material generation/manipulation, I'm stuck. :(

The server is undergoing maintenance. It will be back up within the hour and you will be able to access the documentation.

Please take a look at these videos to help get you started with B2M.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL48D553DC3D1BA107

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Cheers

Wes
Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 02:19:19 am
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja