Author Topic: curvature show seams  (Read 3894 times)

hi
when I bake texture the curvature show seams even when I turn the seam off still show
while in xnormal its fine so is there an issue in substance painter ?

The curvature baker in Substance Painter is different that the baker in xNormal. In our case, we use the normal map and the low-poly mesh to compute it, while xNormal usually use the high-poly mesh. In your case I would suggest tweaking your UVs (which is probably the source of the seam), or baking in xNormal.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

The curvature baker in Substance Painter is different that the baker in xNormal. In our case, we use the normal map and the low-poly mesh to compute it, while xNormal usually use the high-poly mesh. In your case I would suggest tweaking your UVs (which is probably the source of the seam), or baking in xNormal.
oh I see, it will be nice in the future to have an option to bake it from the hi poly.

thanks

Actually, that's possible in Substance Designer since the version 5.5. :)
The new baker will be available soon in Substance Painter.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Actually, that's possible in Substance Designer since the version 5.5. :)
The new baker will be available soon in Substance Painter.

man its gonna be cool  ;D , Iam really glad I have this software.
with ability to export to Photoshop.
now only left the opacity brush   :-* and its planned.