Author Topic: Is Blender compatible with B2M ?  (Read 7941 times)

Hello,

I was wondering if I could take advantage of the power of B2M in my workflow in Blender ? If yes with which render engine ? If no, are you planning to make it possible in the near future ?

Last question, any chance to be able to run your application on Linux platform ?

Thanks in advance

Hello,

I was wondering if I could take advantage of the power of B2M in my workflow in Blender ? If yes with which render engine ? If no, are you planning to make it possible in the near future ?

Last question, any chance to be able to run your application on Linux platform ?

Thanks in advance

You can't import the B2M .SBSAR file directly into blender. However, you can B2M to generate maps and use it as a utility for texture creation. For example, you can use B2M to generate normal map from diffuse texture or make the texture seamless.

http://www.allegorithmic.com/products/substance-player#download

A workflow for blender would be to download the Free Substance Player app and open B2M in Substance Player. From there, you can tweak the bitmaps and preview the results in a 3D view with models imported from blender as FBX or OBJ. Finally, you can batch export the textures as bitmaps that you can import into blender.

We do support Linux on some software, but I don't think Substance Player is supported. I will need to check on Linux support.

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Thank you for the comprehensive answer. I have bought Bitmap2material anyway.
I have being experimenting a little bit with the settings, and here what I came up with.
I am sure I can improve it further.

Could you please tell me which applications are compatible with linux, because Steam does not allow me to install any of your software ?

Thanks

Thank you for the comprehensive answer. I have bought Bitmap2material anyway.
I have being experimenting a little bit with the settings, and here what I came up with.
I am sure I can improve it further.

Could you please tell me which applications are compatible with linux, because Steam does not allow me to install any of your software ?

Thanks

I'm sorry, I was mistaken. We don't currently have any software on Linux yet, but it is on the roadmap.

Cheers,

Wes
the3dninja@adobe.com

Hi!! I use B2M with blender. The problem is that the difusse maps that I get with B2M usually tend to be in B&W. Is that correct? Am I missing something?

Hi!! I use B2M with blender. The problem is that the difusse maps that I get with B2M usually tend to be in B&W. Is that correct? Am I missing something?

Hello,

This has to do with the height map being added to the alpha channel. Please take a look at this thread for more information.

http://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php/topic,1364.0.html

Cheers,

Wes
the3dninja@adobe.com

Will there be a fix (update) for B2M ?
Why B2M puts this map into diffuse and normal map (or was it the bump map
, that is inserted into normal map´s Alpha?)

This is still not clear to me and I think this should be made optional or just fixed in a way, that no maps are mixed on export!

Cheers!
Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 10:58:57 am

Thanks for the quick response. That was really helpfull

Will there be a fix (update) for B2M ?
Why B2M puts this map into diffuse and normal map (or was it the bump map
, that is inserted into normal map´s Alpha?)

This is still not clear to me and I think this should be made optional or just fixed in a way, that no maps are mixed on export!

Cheers!

I'm checking with the developers on this. Really needs to have this option.

Cheers,

Wes
the3dninja@adobe.com

Hi Wes,

Any progress on the linux port ? I have been reading several thread concerning B2M and SP talking about an imminent linux port. Here for instance : http://steamcommunity.com/app/246600/discussions/0/864976115803505952/

Allegorithmic  [developer] 20 Aug, 2013 @ 11:49pm
Linux version is on our development pipe. Hopefully, we'll have it available on Steam in the next months.

But, from my Allegorithmic account or steam I still can only download Windows or Mac versions.

I would love to get Substance workflow on my linux platform.

Thanks