Author Topic: Skin (question)  (Read 22446 times)

As I wish there was a tutorial showing this stuff off

Was the base skin done in Substance Painter?

I will create a tutorial on how I made this asset.

All of the painting was done in Substance Painter. The skin, wrinkles, pores, blemishes, subdermal and translucency maps. Zbrush was only used to get the overall shape with large details like nasal labial folds.

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

lol, I'm just...bad at learning programs

I really thought there would be more tutorials out there, seeing how SD is used by a lot. Seems like Allegorithic is the only 1 that really does them

Can I even import models into Substance designer or painter? I've been trying to figure that out. I see them in the little 3-d view (in videos) but can't figure it out

I really thought there would be more tutorials out there, seeing how SD is used by a lot. Seems like Allegorithic is the only 1 that really does them

Can I even import models into Substance designer or painter? I've been trying to figure that out. I see them in the little 3-d view (in videos) but can't figure it out

Hi,

Yes, you can import models. Both SD and SP support a range of formats such as OBJ and FBX. Please take a look at the Substance Designer Getting Started series. It showcases the entire process.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB0wXHrWAmCwLRTzdb-RxadGk_xBBQKar

Cheers,

Wes
the3dninja@adobe.com

All of the painting was done in Substance Painter. The skin, wrinkles, pores, blemishes, subdermal and translucency maps. Zbrush was only used to get the overall shape with large details like nasal labial folds.

Cheers,

Wes

Hey Wes!  Any chance on an update for this?  It's exactly what I've been searching for! :D

If I was you, I would take my time to learn the basics of ZBrush (or mudbox) Substance Designer and Substance Painter - there are a lot of great tutorials on youtube.

Try to figure out the basic workflow (create a highres, lowres, UV´s, bake in SD, finish the piece in SD and SP) - it´s not that hard to learn, if you move forward step by step and take your time for each step.

Cheers,

Wes

Hey Wes!  Any chance on an update for this?  It's exactly what I've been searching for! :D

+1

If I was you, I would take my time to learn the basics of ZBrush (or mudbox) Substance Designer and Substance Painter - there are a lot of great tutorials on youtube.

Try to figure out the basic workflow (create a highres, lowres, UV´s, bake in SD, finish the piece in SD and SP) - it´s not that hard to learn, if you move forward step by step and take your time for each step.

That is great advice. I used the same knowledge and workflows for painting skin that I used in zbrush to create this character in Substance Painter. Traditional skill sets for painting always transfer between applications.

Cheers,

Wes
the3dninja@adobe.com

Cheers,

Wes

Hi,

I don't have anything just yet. I'll will definitely keep it on my to do list : )

Cheers,

Wes
the3dninja@adobe.com

Cheers,

Wes

Hi,

I don't have anything just yet. I'll will definitely keep it on my to do list : )

Cheers,

Wes

Hi Wes!!!! This will make the perfect Santa's gift for the community!!!
Thanks you!! ;D ;D

Cheers,

Wes

Hi,

Cheers,

Wes

I really hope you will still do this Wes....I think a lot of people will find it really useful!!