Author Topic: AMD GPUs - Painter 2.3 freezes whole computer  (Read 11852 times)

Using AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
Raptr and Play.TV are uninstalled

Attached is a log

Summary:
After attempting to start a new project Substance painter freezes and fails to respond. I have not been able to find a work around for this issue it results in windows 10 giving me a pop-up that substance painter is not responding and I have to close the application. This same issue has also occurred using the sample project provided with the software.

Repro Steps:
1.) Load Substance Painter 2.3.0
2.) Go to File > New
3.) Click Select... under the mesh options
4.) Select a mesh (For me I selected scifi_container_low.fbx from the tutorial series) and click open
5.) Normal Map format is Direct X
6.) Document resolution is 128
7.) All other options are left unchecked or blank
8.) Click on the bottom of the New project menu
9.) Observe issue

Times Attempted to reproduce: 5
Times reproduced: 5

Thanks a lot for the details everybody, we are investigating !
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Same problem here.
AMD HD 7900
Raptr tv and play.tv are uninstalled.
Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 11:20:00 am

Bump. Any updates?

Bump. Any updates?

:)

Thanks a lot for the details everybody, we are investigating !
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Probably not same issue here, but in another program it was the fact that iRay was immediatly connecting to gpu cudas.
But since AMD doesn't have cudas off course, program and videocard crashes.

Just telling what happened in another program.

Gr. Patrick.

Hi, same issue here.

Just a quick question how will I know when the hotfix is released? I haven't been able to use substance painter as a result of this problem. I am anxious to learn how to use it and would love to know when it is fixed. 

Just a quick question how will I know when the hotfix is released? I haven't been able to use substance painter as a result of this problem. I am anxious to learn how to use it and would love to know when it is fixed.

Hi, did you buy it through steam? Because I did, but it turns out you can link your steam account to this website and then you'll be able to download older versions of Painter.

Hi, did you buy it through steam? Because I did, but it turns out you can link your steam account to this website and then you'll be able to download older versions of Painter.

No I did not although I think I can link my steam account to substance painter which is something I might do after seeing this post.

Sorry for the wait. We are sill working on some fixes for all those bugs and instabilities. It's harder than we thought because AMD drivers seems a bit uncooperative. :)
Meanwhile you can use older builds : https://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php?topic=10291.0
-----------

Hi guys !
For tracking purpose I'm locking this topic.

We have now a beta build regarding the AMD GPUs problem, take a look here : https://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php?topic=13328.0
Report back in this new thread if it works fine or if you still encounter issues. :)
Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 09:17:54 pm
-----------