Author Topic: iRay height output not updating  (Read 1260 times)

I have a displacement map hooked up to a newly created height output and I'm using the physically_metallic_roughness iRay material with height scale set to 1.

Whenever I make changes to the map, say via a levels node, I don't see any changes on the model in the 3d view. It only shows when I manually right click and select view outputs in 3d again and set the height scale back to 1.

I'm using 5.5.1.

I have a displacement map hooked up to a newly created height output and I'm using the physically_metallic_roughness iRay material with height scale set to 1.

Whenever I make changes to the map, say via a levels node, I don't see any changes on the model in the 3d view. It only shows when I manually right click and select view outputs in 3d again and set the height scale back to 1.

I'm using 5.5.1.

Hi,

The updates are working for me in Iray. I am able to make level changes or change the height input and it updates without having to manually update the view in 3D. However, it seems that I can have the scale set to 0 and still see the height. I'm not sure if the height and scale is working. I will check with the devs.

Cheers,
Wes

Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja