Author Topic: Few simple questions.  (Read 2046 times)

Hello,

Could someone tell me how to disable the 2D view, i couldn't find it in "view" tab, nor is rightclicking giving me any options to hide it... i must be missing something.

Second question, i haven't really found an answer how to paint through images (stencils?) I have found a way to just stamp them on the model, but havent found a way to for example to projection paint facial details through a photo of a face.

Third question: How to import your alphas ("masks"?") and save them so they wont disappear every time you close the software.

Thanks.

Hello,

Could someone tell me how to disable the 2D view, i couldn't find it in "view" tab, nor is rightclicking giving me any options to hide it... i must be missing something.

Second question, i haven't really found an answer how to paint through images (stencils?) I have found a way to just stamp them on the model, but havent found a way to for example to projection paint facial details through a photo of a face.

Third question: How to import your alphas ("masks"?") and save them so they wont disappear every time you close the software.

Thanks.

Hello,

The 2D view can't be disable in the current build. This will functionality is being added and I think it will appear in the next beta update.

To paint through images, you need to use the Stencil Tool. First, import a texture to paint through: File>Import Image. You will find this texture in the shelf under the Textures tab. To apply the image, you need to drag the texture to the Diffuse slot as shown in the attached image. Here you can also apply different textures for height, roughness and metallic to create a custom stencil that paints through several channels.

When you import textures, they will be saved with the scene file. However, you can also add them to the library so they will be there for each new scene.

To add them permanently, just go to the Documents (Mac or PC) and you'll find the Substance Painter folder. Under the Shelf>Allegorithmic, you can add the alphas.

Cheers,

Wes
Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 04:26:19 pm
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Thanks Wes!

The 2D view can't be disable in the current build. This will functionality is being added and I think it will appear in the next beta update.

I confirm it's in the next beta build, you will be able to switch between the views.
Head of Product Management

Hey, i managed to get the picture i wanted into the Diffuse slot, but it kind of acts the same way than the mask? This is what i wanted to get, like in one of your videos in your youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgHn57zlatE#t=636

The picture is visible in the viewport, and the instructor projects the paint through it. Am i able to do this in the current build?

Edit: got it... i had not selected stencil from the top left corner.
Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 11:15:19 pm