Author Topic: Texture map load up probem  (Read 3584 times)

In 0.5.0.319 version of SP, I loaded mesh and texture map after I finished painting textures and saved them as TGA files , I wait for 5 - 8 minutes until texture maps appears back on the mesh. It's so slow loading when compulation in progress below is still appear. I think you allegorithmic staffs need to reduce the time of loading texture map to run fast so please fix it for the next new build. The error message won't let me to report bug in 0.5.0 version of SP so I report it here online instead of it.

Screenshot below.

Thank you. 

Maybe your rig not fast enough or your mesh and maps not correct.
Why don't you post your file so we can see if we get the same results?

If you can, please email the project files to wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com and I'll take a look.

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hello gelbuilding,

My Mesh is button model for my character's uniform which I made in Maya. It's low poly Wireframe with four side of the square but there are few 3 side of the triangle Wireframe at center of the mesh. I used retopologizing tools to reduce and editing from high to low poly Wireframe of my button model and baked normal map, Displacement map and Ambient Occulusion in Topogun then switched them to SP. I used gold material to paint light and dark texture map on it with two layers last time before I saved it and exported them out of SP to Maya and Photoshop for render image. Next, I changed my mind to change texture map then went back to SP to load up the same mesh and texture map but it's problem loading up. Is it bug that is not fixed up yet?  I'm not sure why is this issues but I know this SP beta is still in work in progress and unfinished.

Took a look at screenshot. I quickly painted small amount of gold on my mesh and show you the low poly wireframe but I don't want to wait too long to load up the same mesh with full painted texture map again.

If you can, please email the project files to wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com and I'll take a look.

Cheers,

Wes

Hi Wes,

I read your comment so I already sent you my files which are mesh, normal map and texture map directly to your email. You check out my subject : Send you my files ( Substance Painter ) on top in your email box.

Let us know what's going on with problem loading up if possible.

Thanks

drakemoonstar

I see what your saying though as i suggested post your model and i want to see if i get the same results as you?

When i load up meshes i have no issues, i usually load up high poly models.

Many of us are quick to criticize the software and 9 times out of 10 its the operator,lol

I notice another post and you mentioned you have Nvidia Quardo FX 4800.
This is definitely you problem.

I notice another post and you mentioned you have Nvidia Quardo FX 4800.
This is definitely you problem.

May I ask you what type of video card do you use in your computer system? Somehow, your video card have no problem with SP so you load up mesh with texture map without waiting too long.

Maybe my Quardo video card have problem issues with SP but not sure why.  I already updated new driver to it last three weeks ago. My Maya, Mudbox, Zbrush, Topogun and other 3D applications have no problem with my video card. I better wait until 1.0 version will be next new build and check out if it's still same issues, I might ask technical support of allegorithmic to solve my video card to work properly with SP if possible.

Thanks

drakemoonstar

Hi,

I indeed think that the problem comes from your GPU. This seems to correspond to a GeForce GTX 280, which is the equivalent of a GPU which is a few years old.

You could try those following steps:
- Reduce the global resolution of the project (use 512 or 1k) to see if that helps
- Change the quality of the 3D viewer in the viewer settings. Try to chose the lowest quality

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers,
Nicolas
Head of Product Management

Yes i have Nivida GTX 680 and i soon need to upgrade to a Titan.
I like using GPU for my work because its super fast.

I upgrade my rig every two years, otherwise it becomes a slug.
I use Thea render and works great with GPU, though i need a Titan as i mentioned, my rig is not even 10 months old.