Author Topic: Repeating crash on MacBook Pro  (Read 2729 times)

ptn

I've tried installing and reinstalling the latest from both Steam and Allegorithmic website. Painter barely loads (i can see the UI) but then crashes. Not sure what might be happening and as a new user, not sure where to look for any log file info to help others help me.

MacBook is running 10.9 with 8G of RAM. Should be within spec afaik.

Anyone else seeing this or can help point me at some diagnostic info?

Thanks!
Pete

Did the previous builds work properly?
Could you post the log you are getting please?

MacBook is running 10.9 with 8G of RAM. Should be within spec afaik.

Anyone else seeing this or can help point me at some diagnostic info?

The most important spec is the GPU. Which model is it?

Anyway it shouldn't crash: if the GPU is not supported it should display a message to warn you about it, so there's definitely a bug.

As Jeremie says, can you get the log and send it to us? (you can get it just after the crash).

Cheers,
Nicolas
Head of Product Management

ptn

The macbook is "older" so the card may not be supported. It's a Nvidia GeForce GT 330M 512MB.

I'm attaching the popcorn html file for a couple versions of the app. I've downloaded all the previous builds and none work. There are no guard error messages so if it is that, then the message you mentioned doesn't show up for me.

Hope the helps.
Cheers,
Pete

ptn

OK, looking through the GPU note on the product page FAQ it looks like the GPU in this laptop is too old, and not the 5XX required. Sounds like problem explained.

Thanks!

OK, looking through the GPU note on the product page FAQ it looks like the GPU in this laptop is too old, and not the 5XX required. Sounds like problem explained.

Thanks!

Hello,

I am using MacBookPro as well. I have NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB and do not have crashes. SP does work with mobile GPU, but looks like it could be just a bit too old of a GPU as you mentioned.

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja