Author Topic: Allegorithmic featuring in my latest YouTube Development Video Series / Tutorial  (Read 4354 times)

Hi all,

I purchased Substance Designer 4 last week and absolutely love it, so much so I am now finishing my Unreal Engine 4 portfolio piece, in an aim to leave freelance and join a studio again, using Substance Designer 4 and Painter.

I have a development series on YouTube which started using the old Shader / texturing model but now I am texturing using Physical Based Rendering in UE4.

Video 5 showcasing the Substance workflow is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5LCNJFCDeU

The full video Playlist is here:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVckJL-SyC5itMXTLePVhEG44XzuOgn6l&src_vid=z5LCNJFCDeU&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_2619966735

Upload video 5 shows my workflow using Substance Designer and Painter to texture the first modular asset of a British Pub Interior based in the 80's era.

I give a shout out to Wez and his Friday morning, speedy texturing skills before GDC :)

I hope that's cool.

Once complete I will show you the fruits of my labour using Allegorithmic's products.

Cheers,

Richard "Pipes" Piper

Hi Richard,
Very nice and very well done. Thanks for sharing.
Whats the chance of sharing the file it would be great to see and use your file while watching your video.
Be great for us beginners to pick up your work flow.
I see a huge potential for SD and SP though the learning curve is very steep, lol

Hi GelBuilding,

I would be more than happy to release the asset and textures once I have finished the asset.

I will post a link here when it goes live :)

Thanks for viewing.

Pipes

Thanks Pipes, this will be a great asset for many of us here to learn and enjoy using SP and SD.
I think you should post this on the Show Case thread.
Very very much appreciated. ;D ;D ;D
Cheers
Thanks Again
Regards
George

That's a great idea thank you :)

Very nice! Thanks for sharing  :)

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hi Pipes,

Great Videos you been doin, thanks, though hard to see the nodes and setup.

Remember a while ago i asked if you could share the assets.
If you could that would be great and more easy to follow.

Really enjoyed these! Thanks

Whats next on your plate Pipes? Are you still working on your portfolio? Has your feelings on anything changed? You mentioned your focus is on tilable textures, how did that come about? I'm personally loving SP. SD too, but it seems like a lot of work to learn to make AAA, finely crafted textures. Seems amazing for a studio doing lots of repetitive texturing though.
Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 10:39:06 am
Win 10 64bit | i72630QM quad core | GTX555M (3GB version) | 16GB ram

Really enjoyed these! Thanks

Whats next on your plate Pipes? Are you still working on your portfolio? Has your feelings on anything changed? You mentioned your focus is on tilable textures, how did that come about? I'm personally loving SP. SD too, but it seems like a lot of work to learn to make AAA, finely crafted textures. Seems amazing for a studio doing lots of repetitive texturing though.

I think it would be amazing for any texture artist over time. The goal is to create your own reusable graphs so you exponentially start making textures faster and higher quality.