Author Topic: Publishing Failed - multi-graph substance  (Read 3173 times)

Happy Friday folks!

Anyway, I'm having some issues trying to publish a substance. I just updated my SD4 so I'm not sure if that is related or not. I've attached a screenshot of the results. Is there a place I can find that provides information about the error messages?

Hi,

This can sometimes happen if you have large 4K bitmaps embedded in the project. Are you using any 4K maps?

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hi Wes,

No, 2k is the largest I'm using.

Maybe it's the same failure that I came across (solution(?) inside):

http://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php/topic,1054.0.html

Sweet, thanks for the link Michael. I'll give that a shot.

I've since decided to render the output files instead of publishing the sbsar file but this is good to know for future reference.

Sweet, thanks for the link Michael. I'll give that a shot.

I've since decided to render the output files instead of publishing the sbsar file but this is good to know for future reference.

Yes, that is a good thread from Michael. Please try this suggestion from Nicolas Wirrman.

The jpeg/raw parameter will define how the images are compressed inside the sbsar file (we do not store them in their original format).

We have some memory issues regarding large images management, that's why setting the compression to jpeg solves this problem.

Switching to jpeg should solve the issue. You can leave maps such as normal to Raw. Compressing the normal of displacement maps would not be good.

Cheers,

Wes
the3dninja@adobe.com

Woah! Thanks for the explanation. This took me a few hours of trial and error (mostly error until now). I was beginning to think I had a problem in the complexity of my substance graph.

This fix/problem really needs to be made more visible or clearer to the user, though! Maybe in the export errors. From the log files and errors alone I would have never guessed that this was causing the export to fail. :(

Woah! Thanks for the explanation. This took me a few hours of trial and error (mostly error until now). I was beginning to think I had a problem in the complexity of my substance graph.

This fix/problem really needs to be made more visible or clearer to the user, though! Maybe in the export errors. From the log files and errors alone I would have never guessed that this was causing the export to fail. :(

Glad to hear it's working. This would be a good to address in a sticky thread.

Cheers,

Wes
the3dninja@adobe.com

Wouldn't it be better to fix that bug?