Author Topic: “Display driver stopped responding and has recovered”  (Read 2149 times)

Hi all,

Today i purchased Painter 2 after having a great time in Painter 1.
But.. there is a problem. Within 60 seconds i get this message ''“Display driver stopped responding and has recovered” and  goes full white..
I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL and restart Painter 2.

Any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks in Advance!

ps. I'm using a 6 core AMD cpu combined with a Ati 260 + 8GB ram, i had 0 problems in Painter 1.
Even 3Ds Max is running smooth..

[INFO] <Qt> "[DBG INFO][Engine Configuration]" ATI/AMD detected, no GL_RG32F extended blending (driver issue)

[WARN] <IRay/Core>   0.1   CUDA   rend warn : CUDA module initialization failed.
[WARN] <IRay/Core>   0.1   CUDA   rend warn : The version of your CUDA driver is 0.0, but 6.5 is the required minimum
[WARN] <IRay/Core>   0.1   CUDA   rend warn : Please update your display driver.
[WARN] <IRay/Core>   1.1   IRAY   rend warn : CUDA module initialization failed with error 'CUDA driver version is insufficient for CUDA runtime version'; iray can only run in CPU mode. Please update your NVIDIA driver (www.nvidia.com).
[WARN] <IRay/Core>   1.1   IRAY   rend warn : There is no GPU available to the iray renderer.

I think my gpu is not up to the task.
Painter works @ x512 and thats fine for now. I will be updating my system next month anyway.

Hi all,

Today i purchased Painter 2 after having a great time in Painter 1.
But.. there is a problem. Within 60 seconds i get this message ''“Display driver stopped responding and has recovered” and  goes full white..
I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL and restart Painter 2.

Any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks in Advance!

ps. I'm using a 6 core AMD cpu combined with a Ati 260 + 8GB ram, i had 0 problems in Painter 1.
Even 3Ds Max is running smooth..

if you got 4Gigs video card then, you have to have an 8Gigs video card, after ive upgraded to 8gigs i dont get anymore issues with SP, and i can have as many layers as i want, because SP goes slightly beyond 4 Gigs of VRAM when operating, and it doesnt make much of a difference what CPU or how much DDR you got. And the latest ATI drivers are so f*****up, i dont go with the Crimson shit, maybe later when its bug free