Author Topic: Substance Plugin 0.3.1 Released  (Read 5578 times)

Hello All!

The Substance Plugin V0.3.1 is now live here: https://github.com/Allegorithmic/UnrealEngine

This update features stability improvements, and features such as image input parameters should work properly. We are still working on performance improvements, but performance should be slightly improved compared to V0.3. We value community insight and commentary and look forward to seeing great work created with Substance and Unreal Engine 4!

Hi Josh,
  Do you know if the issue where the editor crashed if you tried to instantiate more than once per session was fixed?   great job to the crew by the way!!

Hi Josh,
  Do you know if the issue where the editor crashed if you tried to instantiate more than once per session was fixed?   great job to the crew by the way!!

This should be fixed :)

hd_

I've just tested this out-- nice work on the quick update and bug fixes!

@arvinmoses: The crashes are fixed now.

One suggestion: an 'Import All' button so we don't have to click import when mass importing substances.

Success.....love it guys!

I'm really looking forward to trying this out. I tried to update my fork but I'm not really sure how. Would someone who has done this mind putting up a step by step on how to do it?

I'm really looking forward to trying this out. I tried to update my fork but I'm not really sure how. Would someone who has done this mind putting up a step by step on how to do it?

http://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php/topic,1223.msg5321.html#msg5321

Wouldn't that require a full clean install? Isn't there a way just to update the fork
you currently have and then recompile from there?

hd_

I copied the files from the github onto my previous install, ran 'generateprojectfiles.bat' and in visual studio did 'build' (not rebuild). I'm not sure if it did a full rebuild anyway, but it felt a bit quicker than if it did.

Will it compile with 4.1 preview build? Thanks.

Thanks guys.  Just did a clean build overnight.   Works perfectly

Will it compile with 4.1 preview build? Thanks.

0.3.1 only works with Unreal Engine 4.0.2, but we are working on a 4.1 compatible version as well.

Unreal Engine 4.1 is released today and 4.2 will be released in 10 days. I hope you will be on time to support them.

Hope to see 4.1 supported, it fixed a lot of issues from 4.0.x and changed a lot of internall api so keeping working on 4.0.x is a waste of time.

quick question, has anyone tried to use Substances on a mobile build of a UE4 game? I haven't gotten around to it yet and wondering if anyone else has