Author Topic: Viewport camera behavior  (Read 1862 times)

im working on interior, and its a nightmare in SP, camera constantly getting stuck in the mesh, something you/I can do about it?

thanks

hello?

Did you try separating your walls in a separate texture set and hiding it while you are working on the other assets?

Did you try separating your walls in a separate texture set and hiding it while you are working on the other assets?
If i could merge texture sets afterwards yes ;),but its not an option right now...anymore ideas?
Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 01:33:26 pm

I always have the same problem, when working on (tight) interiors like an airplane cockpit, and similars.

I needed to cut the meshes apart in my 3D application, prior to working on them in Substance Painter. Like deleting the walls, etc. But this solution doesn't work for any material zone, because i.e. the surrounding cockpit wall was UV-mapped as a whole. In these cases I still cut the mesh, textured the two halves seperately, and later merged the texture maps manually in Paintshop...

A first person camera type in addition to the Free Rotation and Constrained Rotation camera types would be handy for those types of situations.