Author Topic: Correct Maps  (Read 1866 times)

Hi,

I have gone through the videos and tuts though cannot find a solution to my work flow.
I cannot add my channels to texture set to produce the maps needed using the PBR material layering

I Use Thea Render and i need to extract 4 maps from the texture set.

Please see my error from log and my setup.

[MapExporter] Export duration: 1s
[MapExporterDialog] Map export ended
[MapExporterDialog] Starting map export
[MapExporter] None of the required document map are available in the Sphere textureSet. Nothing could have been exported.
[MapExporterDialog] A map with the name 'base colour' has already been exported. This map for the texture set 'Sphere_Mask2' will be renamed 'base colour_0'.
[MapExporterDialog] A map with the name 'metalic' has already been exported. This map for the texture set 'Sphere_Mask2' will be renamed 'metalic_0'.
[MapExporterDialog] A map with the name 'roughness' has already been exported. This map for the texture set 'Sphere_Mask2' will be renamed 'roughness_0'.
[MapExporterDialog] A map with the name 'normal' has already been exported. This map for the texture set 'Sphere_Mask2' will be renamed 'normal_0'.
[MapExporter] None of the required document map are available in the Sphere textureSet. Nothing could have been exported.
[MapExporterDialog] A map with the name 'base colour' has already been exported. This map for the texture set 'Sphere_Mask3' will be renamed 'base colour_1'.
[MapExporterDialog] A map with the name 'metalic' has already been exported. This map for the texture set 'Sphere_Mask3' will be renamed 'metalic_1'.
[MapExporterDialog] A map with the name 'roughness' has already been exported. This map for the texture set 'Sphere_Mask3' will be renamed 'roughness_1'.
[MapExporterDialog] A map with the name 'normal' has already been exported. This map for the texture set 'Sphere_Mask3' will be renamed 'normal_1'.
[MapExporterDialog] Map export ended
Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 09:48:24 am

The material layering setup doesn't export the actual channels, only the masks, it would then be up to you to create a similar layered shader in Thea (not sure if it's supported?) and import the same materials you've been using in Painter to blend them using the same masks.