Author Topic: Cartoony/HandPainted Substance Experiment  (Read 22842 times)

Hi Guys!

Been loving messing with substance.  I don't think I've been this hooked on a program since Zbrush.  You get such quick results on your work and you can really experiment with the look.

Anyway I've been trying to get a good npr look for substance and here's what I have so far.

Created an external cracks substance.  Here are results when used with random seed:

hey, that is looking quiete good to me :)

Can you post a graph or give away some hints, how you did that nice substance?

Anyway, good "cartoon-ified"

Cheers!

Sure.  I'm thinking about doing a full blown tutorial and giving away some of the assets.  Maybe not the whole substance but maybe some of the utility nodes I created for it.

Sure.  I'm thinking about doing a full blown tutorial and giving away some of the assets.  Maybe not the whole substance but maybe some of the utility nodes I created for it.

+1 that would be awesome arvinmoses !

That looks neat! I like the hand painted look. It might look a bit more high end with a very subtle dirt overlay. But that's the only thing I can think of.

Thanks guys!!   I'm finishing up the utility nodes and hope to release two this week

Updated the material to get a little more depth:

Looks great! I've been wanting to research how to create a hand-painted style in SD4 but haven't had the time. Any nodes that really helped to create the look?

My only critique is that the texture could be a bit sharper.

Thanks Dave!
I agree with the sharpness.  Working on that a bit.
Got some things done and ready to give out my Cracks noise.  Will update in around 30 mins.

Sorry its running so late. Word for the update tomorrow. Just ran into some things tonight

Here's updated versions:
+ the cracks utility node.  Parameters currently not working.

Those look really neat!

Thanks Kay!!
Random update

There are very promising! :) Good work. Still needs sharpened though lol.