Author Topic: How do you import from 3ds max to substance painter 2?  (Read 5647 times)

I have a car model with assets such as tyres, steering wheel etc. how can i bring these all into substance and add the textures I have already applied to them individually within substance to each object but as one model, for example you have a Ferrari with seperate doors, wheels but you have textured them individually, how can you put them all into 1 substance document?

I have a car model with assets such as tyres, steering wheel etc. how can i bring these all into substance and add the textures I have already applied to them individually within substance to each object but as one model, for example you have a Ferrari with seperate doors, wheels but you have textured them individually, how can you put them all into 1 substance document?

Hi,

The best way is to export as FBX. Each material ID you create will be come a separate texture set in Painter which means you will have a separate set of textures for each material. The texture sets are not broken up by mesh parts, but only using material IDs you assign in Max.

Cheers,
Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja