Author Topic: SD5.4 build 17854 error on install  (Read 2305 times)

I submitted this as a bug on Tuesday however received no reply. I'm not sure it was received so am posting here.

I downloaded Substance Designer 5.4 build 17854 and tried to install, however I received the below error during install.  I re-downloaded the file and tried again with same result.  I then tried to install with “Run as Administrator” and same result.

I am installing to my PC with Windows 10 x64bit

NB.  I tried to use the Report a Bug feature in SD which took me to this web page https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/.  When I tried to login with my Allegorithmic login details it says incorrect user or password.  Is this a separate system I now need to register for?

I submitted this as a bug on Tuesday however received no reply. I'm not sure it was received so am posting here.

I downloaded Substance Designer 5.4 build 17854 and tried to install, however I received the below error during install.  I re-downloaded the file and tried again with same result.  I then tried to install with “Run as Administrator” and same result.

I am installing to my PC with Windows 10 x64bit

NB.  I tried to use the Report a Bug feature in SD which took me to this web page https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/.  When I tried to login with my Allegorithmic login details it says incorrect user or password.  Is this a separate system I now need to register for?

HI,

I posted this question internally. I'm not sure what would cause this install error. Can you let me know how big the file size is for the .exe. It could be that it was not fully downloaded. For the login, there isn't a need to login in for the documentation.

Cheers,
Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hi Wes,

SD5.4 build 17854 downloaded file is 201,967 kb.  I just downloaded a 3rd time and its the same size.  I tried installing again and received the same error just before installation failed. 

I usually overwrite the existing installation when updating SD.  I just created a new installation folder named 5_4 and it installed fine.  Have now removed all installs and reinstalled default, however with SD5.4 install, I get a alert from Kaspersky as per attached image.

Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 08:21:09 am

Another alert relating to SD 5.4 install. 

Another alert relating to SD 5.4 install.

Hi,

Hmm, I'm not sure why that is showing. I think you just need to choose skip or add to exclusions. The software is safe and not detected as a virus.

Cheers,
Wes

Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja