Author Topic: Substance Painter 2.03 to 2.11 - Blinn (non PBR) shader missing?  (Read 1894 times)

I've just updated Substance Painter from 2.03 to 2.11 and the "Blinn (non PBR)" shader I was using is now missing. This shader closely resembles the final result in my custom game engine, and I was very happy to see it in SP2 as I previously had to write my own Blinn shader for SP1. When loading a previous project in 2.11, the Blinn (non PBR) shader showed as "outdated" and it seemed to be rendering using another shader (I think it picked the new car paint shader).

I had a backup copy of the 2.03 installer so I've gone back to that version and everything is fine again, but I'm wondering why the shader was removed and whether there are plans to bring it back.

What shader did you loaded over the outdated one ? The rendering shouldn't have changed.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

What shader did you loaded over the outdated one ? The rendering shouldn't have changed.
When I loaded the old project, it updated the project and the shader showed as something like "(outdated)" Blinn (non PBR)" but a few seconds after that the model automatically appeared to visibly change despite still showing the outdated shader as the one being currently used. When I went to change the Shader, the outdated shader was no longer in the list and could not be selected, and it wasn't in the shelf. I cycled through the ones that were there, and I think the one that visibly matched the new rendering was the car paint shader but I can't be sure on that as I've now reverted to the old version.

Was the Blinn shader removed due to a technical issue or has Allegorithmic decided to no longer support this feature? I'll be switching to a PBR-based shader in future projects, but for my current project I need a standard Blinn shader.

"Blinn (non PBR)" has been renamed "non-pbr-spec-gloss". They should render the same. Can you provide screenshots ?
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.