Author Topic: UE4 Plugin  (Read 5356 times)

Hi guys,
   I'm trying to avoid hijacking the SD 4.2 thread so I'll start a new one.

I'm trying to get UE4 to integrate sbs and sbsar files as described in the recent email.

Here's where I'm at so far.
1.  I click on the link to the git hub page shown here:
https://github.com/Allegorithmic/UnrealEngine

2. I download the entire directory as a zip file.

3.  I take the Substance directory from UnrealEngine / Engine / Plugins /
and copy the contents to my UE4 plugins directory

4.  I open UE4 and under windows-> plugins I active Substance

5.  I restart UE4 and it SHOULD work.

6.  The problem is when I restart it gives me an error:
The procedure entry point ?PostEditImport@UMaterialExpression@ @UEAAXXZ could not be located in the dynamic link library
F:\Games\Unreal\4.0\Engine\Plugins\Substance\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-SubstanceCore.dll.

It then follows with statements that SubstanceCore could not be loaded.

Running Windows 8.1 update 1

Please help.  Thanks guys.
Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 08:36:18 pm

I dont even see the plugin in the list of plugins. I have moved it around to various spots just to make sure I am loading it in the correct location.

So +)  at least you got feedback !

I dont even see the plugin in the list of plugins. I have moved it around to various spots just to make sure I am loading it in the correct location.

So +)  at least you got feedback !

I get the same error, and also on windows 8.1

Hello!

The reason you are getting this issue is because not all of the changes are located within the binaries. There are some changes made to the core UE4 Engine. The binaries will not work if you copy them over a vanilla UE4 repo.

We are going to improve the getting started documentation on github, but in the meantime, here are the steps to follow:

1) clone the repo at https://github.com/Allegorithmic/UnrealEngine
2) Extract Required_1of2.zip and Required_2of2.zip you download from Epic's github page
3) Generate the project files
4) Compile using Visual Studio
5) When first ran, confirm the Substance Plugin is enabled through Window->Plugins on the menu bar.

So Josh,
   This confirms my initial guess that we need to compile and build in order to use the plugin, correct?  We can't simply plug it in...  :)

Arvin

That is correct arvinmoses :)

Ya I was avoiding that but at least I know now.  Thanks!

Which "required" files do we use btw?
4.0.2 or the preview build?

I got it to work with 4.0.2. If you need more detailed instructions for non-programmer types, check my how-to guide I posted in the sticky thread here!