Author Topic: Layers in 0.4.0 issue  (Read 3398 times)

Hey guys,

I'm working with the most recent build (beta 0.4.0.303) and have found I cannot adjust the layer order anymore. I used to be able to just drag and drop to change the order in the layers panel. I have a 'Fill Layer' that I want to be on the bottom of the stack, but I cannot move it there without deleting the paint layer and re-adding it (which gets rid of all my painting!).

I'm pretty sure it is just a bug, as it worked fine in the last version (0.3.0.285), so just wanted to let you guys know before the next release. :)

Thank you!

Hey guys,

I'm working with the most recent build (beta 0.4.0.303) and have found I cannot adjust the layer order anymore. I used to be able to just drag and drop to change the order in the layers panel. I have a 'Fill Layer' that I want to be on the bottom of the stack, but I cannot move it there without deleting the paint layer and re-adding it (which gets rid of all my painting!).

I'm pretty sure it is just a bug, as it worked fine in the last version (0.3.0.285), so just wanted to let you guys know before the next release. :)

Thank you!

Thanks for the update. I am checking an internal build 0.5 and am able to re-order the layers. So it seems to be fixed. I will check the public build.

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hey Wes,

I just tried to do this with the new version of SP (0.5.0) and still have the same problem...

The attached image shows a random layer order, if I try and re-arrange any of the layers up or down in the list (drag and drop), the mouse pointer changes to the little circle with a dash (the "cannot do this" icon, for lack of a better name :) ) when you click and hold and try to drag the layer, and nothing happens when you release.

This is not a huge issue, I know it is best to define layers first, but can come in handy if I wanted to add a new map underneath the paint layers later on for instance.

Thanks again, and btw I really like the additions to 0.5.0!

Hi,

That is very strange. I just check and I'm able to rearrange any layers without issue. When I left click and drag on a layer to place it at a different location in the stack, I get a line above the layer indicating where it will be placed. After I let go of the left mouse button, the layer is moved.

Are you not getting the line indicated where the layer will be placed when the left mouse button is released?

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

I get a ghosted view of the layer I am dragging, but no lines pop up as I move it... all i get is the mouse pointer changed to the invalid operation... I tried to take a screenshot with Fraps but it wont let me do it.

Is it possible I have old settings in my AppData or ProgramData interfering? I didn't actually uninstall the last 2 releases, but installed to different folders... Aside from that the only thing I have changed is moving all the panels onto a second screen.

Ok, that was it... I hit "Reset UI" and now it works just fine... sorry about that, it always seems to be the simplest things... anyways thanks for your help on this!

Edit:  Note that it no longer works again if I move the panel to another screen, or just move it anywhere... just an FYI
Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 06:55:10 pm

One last quick note, just so you are aware...

This should be repeatable on your end:
Open SP with the panels in the default spots, then un-dock the layers panel and move it to the middle of the screen, and now try to re-arrange the layer order and you should be able to see the issue I was having.

I just wanted to point this out, again it's fixable by hitting 'Reset UI', but should work whether it is docked or not, and wanted you guys to be aware of this glitch :)

Thanks guys,
Cam

Thanks for the report.