Author Topic: HDRI Import Issue  (Read 3756 times)

Im just trying to import a HDR. image format ...
Everything seems to import well, even it makes a thumbnail but when i select it nothing is happening.
What could be my problem?

Did you try drag and dropping it in the 3D viewport ?
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Is your HDR in a power of 2? Such as 4096x2048... this usually happens when you try to import an environment map that is not in the power of 2

I have kind of good news but...
Is a power of 2 (6000x3000), the only way that it works is dragging from explorer to shelf then to viewport (it doesnt work
selecting it from the viewers settings tab although)
Now my new problem is that is very pale (see the image) i think may be a gamma issue but i dont know how to resolve it. Please Help
Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 03:43:44 pm

I see you have the environment exposure to -0.6

With more reason, at low exposure it should be darker

interesting, the next point is:

I see in the Image Viewer you have a HDR LDR.jpg
what you have in Painter, .jpg or .exr ?

The .jpg was just for comparison, the environment format is .HDR

Would it be possible to access your hdr file ?
Also a power of two size is 512, 1024, 2048, 4096, 8192 and so on.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

I changed the resolution to 4096 x 2048 and now is detected by the vIewer settings.
Did you get good results with the hdr?

The HDR look the same as in Substance Painter when I open it in Photoshop.
To me it looks like the issue is in your file itself. Maybe you have an incorrect gamma/color profile setting saved in your hdr file.
-----------

Than k you for.your response.. i will check the gamma profile