Author Topic: problem running b2m  (Read 2403 times)

y-r

hello, this app looks great.
d-l, installed, however it crashes on startup.
this is the error log:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   bitmap2material.exe
  Application Version:   3.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:   5734a4c9
  Fault Module Name:   MSVCR120.dll
  Fault Module Version:   12.0.21005.1
  Fault Module Timestamp:   524f83ff
  Exception Code:   c000001d
  Exception Offset:   0000000000095c01
  OS Version:   6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
  Locale ID:   1037
  Additional Information 1:   6f01
  Additional Information 2:   6f016de906ee98bbefc59852e9a94c3c
  Additional Information 3:   04bb
  Additional Information 4:   04bb8214fdcd226e14d4170e151abd1d

already tried to repair installation of the MSVCR120, didn't help. what can i do ?

Please, can you give us more information about your machine :
  • OS, CPU brand and model, GPU brand and model ?
  • Is it a desktop computer or a laptop ?
  • Is the manufacturer Dell or Alienware ?
  • Which version of B2M are you using ?
Also, can you check whether your graphics drivers are up to date, and if not, can you update them and tell us whether there is any progress ?

y-r

win 7x64, xeon e3-1240, 16GB, duadro k2000d desktop. using the version provided in the demo download link.

Hi, i have a similar problem. Installed the trial version and when i open the program appear a white window. Nothing´s hapened.
Video
I have a Intel(R) HD Graphics Family DDR3 DirectX support 10.1 , the last version of controler.
64MB dedicated memory and 1632MB shared.
Procesor
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2450M CPU @2,5 Ghz (4 CPUs) ~2,5GHz , 6GB RAM Memory.

Apreciate any help.
Bless

y-r

*bump*
maybe *displacement* as I got no response for long days...

Hi,

Regarding the MSVCR120.dll issue, can you please try to install the file located in :
".\Allegorithmic\Bitmap2Material\3\redist\vcredist"
If it still doesn't work you can try to uninstall Visual C++ x64 Redist that already exist on your computer and reinstall the one provided with B2M to see how it goes.

Wisam0611 : can you please try to redownload B2M installer file (to be sure there is no corruption) and reinstall it?
You can also try to remove the B2M datas in registry by using "regedit" in Windows search bar or command prompt. Then in HKEY_CURRENT_USER > SOFTWARE > Allegorithmic, remove the "Bitmap2Material" folder.
Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 02:34:20 pm
Lead technical artist
gaetan.lassagne@allegorithmic.com

y-r

tried
still not launching
same crash
 :'(

I already deleted the Bitmap2Material folder with regedit command. The program starts and stalls with a white screen. Nothing happens. Too bad, because this app has great potential. Hire new programmers...

Hi, can you please provide us with more details about your computer please ? (GPU, OS, etc.)
An integrated GPU (especially with a low Vram amount) can be the source of the problem.

Also, a quick test that can help us to see what happens: can you please try to install Substance Player (https://allegorithmic.com/buy/download), open it, then drag and drop the B2M sbsar file (it should be here: ".\Bitmap2Material\3\data\Bitmap2Material_3-1.sbsar") to see how it goes, thanks.
Lead technical artist
gaetan.lassagne@allegorithmic.com