Author Topic: SP 2.1.1 - freeze and very slow loading  (Read 2048 times)

Hi,

I have donwload the last update of SP and I have some "freeze" when I switch on my TextureSet.
And all the Materials, Smart Materials, Textures, Brush etc .... take some time to load (I don't have this bug on the previous version) :s

LOG

Did you try to wait a bit until the thumbnails have been loaded ?
The latest update (2.1.1) trigger an update for the thumbnails in the shelf, which slowdown the application until it's done.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Thanks for your reply.

Well ... the next time I go to wait a little and look if that change something, I come back for my feedback :)

So, I have open SP and wait (2/3 min) without open a project and if I don't click on the "shelf category" like "bursh, alpha, textures, materials" etc ... SP doesn't load the things inside this category :/

Any idea ?

LOG

if I don't click on the "shelf category" like "bursh, alpha, textures, materials" etc ... SP doesn't load the things inside this category :/
Do you mean that if you don't click on a tab, the resources in the shelf won't load ?
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Yes this is it ... Well the resources is loaded, I think .... :s BUT this little pictures don't appear if I don't click on it.

Yes this is it ... Well the resources is loaded, I think .... :s BUT this little pictures don't appear if I don't click on it.
I'm sorry but I don't understand, could you record a video of the problem ?
-----------

I've noticed this as well. The thumbnails don't load until you activate the shelf tab - then scroll down to get them all in view. If I have a project open they take an extra long time to load if at all. What I've been doing is opening SP without a project, click on each of the shelf tabs, scroll to get all thumbs loaded then load the project. Not a big deal, but a bit of extra clicks to get going. :)

I have make this video :

https://youtu.be/wr7hwKaAlnM

You can see, all the stuff take a lot of time to load (I don't have this problem with the previous version).

@Daf57 :

This is exactly that :s

That's not a GPU issue.
The behavior I see is perfectly normal : painter is loading in the shelf the ressource it found on the disk. In your video you are also installing a game, which require some disk access too. Therefore the bandwidth is limited and it slowdown the loading. It's usually best to have Substance Painter running alone on your computer when working with it.
-----------

Same problem if I have only SP launched on the PC (SP don't take this time to load with the previous version) :s

Same problem if I have only SP launched on the PC (SP don't take this time to load with the previous version) :s
Please with my first reply in this thread. :)
-----------

Did you try to wait a bit until the thumbnails have been loaded ?

Yes - have walked off for 30 minutes or so to do something else only to return to see that it still has not updated. This is with no project loaded and no other application open. When I try to close SP it's frozen and I have to ctrl+alt+delete to shut it down. Occasionally it will complete the thumbnail update... but on the next launch it's back to the same issue.

The latest update (2.1.1) trigger an update for the thumbnails in the shelf, which slowdown the application until it's done.

It does this every each time SP is launched - not just the next run after the 2.1.1 update.

Just rolled back to 2.1.0 - same thing. Then 2.0.5 and it works as it should - the shelf updates immediately. I will stay with 2.0.5 for the time being.

Thanks!

ETA - link to previous versions ->  https://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php?topic=10291