Author Topic: UI Scale DPI value  (Read 21256 times)

Any news on this? Substance Painter on a 4K display really makes my eyes hurt.

+1 god please, its almost unusable on my surface pro 4 ;(

No update yet. As stated in another thread, the current workaround is to switch back your screen to 1080p when working in Painter.

I recently switched to a 4k screen and it makes working with Painter *very* hard. So I'd like to support this feature request. I wonder if it's in the road map already?

rag

I am new to SP and can not use it on my 4K monitor. Does anyone know if Allegorithmic has any plans to update the program?

Hello!

It seems I found way how to force SP to respect windows dpi settings. Of course text and icons will be blurred but size of the UI fonts will be bigger :(
To force dpi you need edit qt.conf in the folder where Substance Painter.exe placed.
You must add this lines and restart SP:
Code: [Select]
[Platforms]
WindowsArguments=dpiawareness=0

Royal Ghost | veda3d.com

Thx, but the text is still so small that the blur ruin that a bit better font size. And if I compare it with the Designer UI Font, it is still a difference like night and day. :-\

Did Painter 2 supports high DPI like Designer 5 or is it there still an issue?

It's a 24" screen, and I'm not exaggerating when I say that the text in the sidebars is about 1mm high.

Sorry, I'm not trying to judge here, but, why such a small monitor size at 4K resolution (?), I have 27 in 1080p monitor and it looks great, I cannot imagine going to 4K without at least getting 32 in monitor, but that's just me, different people, different needs, I guess  :)
You wanna play it soft. We'll play it soft. You wanna play it hard. Let's play it hard.

Hello!

It seems I found way how to force SP to respect windows dpi settings. Of course text and icons will be blurred but size of the UI fonts will be bigger :(
To force dpi you need edit qt.conf in the folder where Substance Painter.exe placed.
You must add this lines and restart SP:
Code: [Select]
[Platforms]
WindowsArguments=dpiawareness=0

Thanks a lot. I have 27'' 2560x1440 monitor. Depending of windows scale settings, the UI was either too big or too small. That made using the software very difficult for me. I use 150% scaling with my windows and all the other programs except photoshop and substance painter 2 works well with it.

For anyone who experience the same problem, this solution works. It makes the texts blurry but at least the UI is usable.
Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 12:25:11 pm

Just wanted to bring attention back to this feature request as I'm also struggling to use Painter for long periods of time directly because of this.
Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 05:35:45 pm
WS: Win10 / Intel i7 6950X 10 core / 20 threads 3.0GHz, OC @ 4.2GHz / Titan X 12GB GFX / Intel 750 Series 1.2TB NVMe (Primary HDD) / Intel 750 Series 800GB NVMe (Cache) / 64GB DDR4 Ram

Hey, I am going to share this with the team.
Just to make sure: do you guys have the latest update of Substance Painter ?

Hi Vincent, thanks for the reply. I have the latest version of Painter installed and am struggling to use it for lengthy periods of time as the text is far too small on my monitor. The only OS option to make any difference is to set scaling to a whopping 150%, which voids the point of having a UHD 32" monitor in the first place. All we need is a few options to scale at least some of the UI palette fonts if possible.

Many thanks,
WS: Win10 / Intel i7 6950X 10 core / 20 threads 3.0GHz, OC @ 4.2GHz / Titan X 12GB GFX / Intel 750 Series 1.2TB NVMe (Primary HDD) / Intel 750 Series 800GB NVMe (Cache) / 64GB DDR4 Ram

Hey, in theory we are supporting 100%, 150% 200% and so on.
It doesn't work in your case ?

Hi Vincent,

Those options aren't useful as they scale everything. We need options to scale just the UI fonts / text. If you scale everything to 150% you lose the benefit of actually having a UHD monitor in the first place. Therefore, there needs to be options to scale individual fonts on palettes without the reliance on OS scaling alone.

Hey, in theory we are supporting 100%, 150% 200% and so on.
It doesn't work in your case ?

Hello, the problem is explained here well with images, you might take a look:

https://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php/topic,12720.msg61140.html#msg61140

Basically, the UI is either too big or too small. There are no middle grounds.