Author Topic: A new Version of Substance Painter  (Read 3916 times)

Hello,

I opened painter when the message box appeared saying a new version of Substance Painter is available 0.40 - build 303. I click OK button then it switched to the window about Download at www.allegorithmic.com. I don't see a new version update there so where is it?  It's for downloading trail. I need to update it to my painter which I already bought with licence key.

Look at two screenshot below.

Try click on help/about. and see what release build number... I have build 303 and still pop up said there are new updated. must be glitch.

Right - the link out of SP is not taking to the direct DL location, instead we´re directed to the trial-DL page...It´s the same here at my site.

To download, you have to login to your Allegorithmic account, then there are DL links to all products you own - at least for me that´s the case.

Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 08:52:45 am

Try click on help/about. and see what release build number... I have build 303 and still pop up said there are new updated. must be glitch.

Do you still have this popup?
We made a fix yesterday and I don't have this popup anymore, but if you still have it we would need to investigate.

Nico
Head of Product Management

just open painter today.. yeah it stopped now. cheer!

I did log in my account before I reopened painter twice when a new version of painter appeared then went directly to download trial but there is still no update. I did check out at my account but didn't say update or upgrade under Licence. It look like problem link that need fix !

delete/unstall your old painter then manual download the zip and unzip it will fix everything. there are no installer at the moment.. i guess!

delete/unstall your old painter then manual download the zip and unzip it will fix everything. there are no installer at the moment.. i guess!

The version with installer will be available today ;)

ah! is it already in download area? I prefer installer than overwrite using zip...

To Reply For Below:

Cheer! Looking forward to it!!
Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 11:32:28 am

ah! is it already in download area? I prefer installer than overwrite using zip...

It will be available this afternoon (European time).

I haven't received the next new version of SP yet so I'm still waiting patience for it to update my SP. I still clicked yes few times and it keep going directly to Download Trail.

I'm wondering if I uninstall and reinstall SP to get it to install without going directly there. Or Just wait until it fixes and be ready to download it?

drakemoonstar

Hi,

You need to go to My Account, click on Download in front of Substance Painter and you will see the new build (303).

Cheers,
Nicolas

Yeah, I got it to download at my account. I already uninstalled SP ( 0.3.0 Version ) and installed SP ( 0.4.0 version ). I understand it's still unfinished SP Beta to work in progress.

Thanks !