Author Topic: Sub 1 tile rate on a texture??  (Read 1298 times)

Hi all,
I'm trying to find a way in designer so that I can set a textures tile rate to less than one.
I am currently using safe transform to create various offsets on the same wood texture to be applied to shape nodes which form part of a chevron patterned wood floor.
However I would like the wood grain to be larger on each plank, so I really need the ability to apply a sub 1 tile rate to the texture.
I can increase the tile rate in the safe transform node but not reduce it.
Does anyone know of another way in which I can do this?

Also Allegorithmic guys and girls, It would be great if you could change it so that you can apply a sub 1 tile rate on the safe transform node. :)

Hi Jack,

The material is looking very nice : )

The transform node in terms of tiles needs to be at increments of 1 or else the tiling will break. If you use less than 1 values (zoom in) it will break the tiling. You can see this if you hit the X2 button on the transform node.

Here is an example that I got from Nicolas Wirrmann that allows me to zoom, but it does break the tiling.

Cheers,
wes

Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hey Wes,

Thank you for your reply.

It is possible to achieve the effect I'm after in Substance Painter without breaking the tiling by reducing the UV scale below 1 on a given layer.
Is it not possible to do something similar in Designer?

Also thanks for the sbs, I shall give it a go :)

Thanks,
Jack

Hey Wes,

Thank you for your reply.

It is possible to achieve the effect I'm after in Substance Painter without breaking the tiling by reducing the UV scale below 1 on a given layer.
Is it not possible to do something similar in Designer?

Also thanks for the sbs, I shall give it a go :)

Thanks,
Jack

Hi Jack,

It's not possible to scale which, would be a below 1 tile without breaking the tiling of the image.

Cheers,
Wes

Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja