Author Topic: can't export 8k  (Read 20816 times)

great, thank you Jeremie

about multiple GPUs, is this planned for the future maybe ?

I just installed 2.1.1 and I still don't have the 8k option... just an unselectable blank line under 4096. Yes, Titan X and 2 Ti's and a 980.

I just installed 2.1.1 and I still don't have the 8k option... just an unselectable blank line under 4096. Yes, Titan X and 2 Ti's and a 980.
Even in the export window ?
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Doh... Yes, it is available there. I was looking for it in the new gui and the TextureSet Settings. My bad.

Doh... Yes, it is available there. I was looking for it in the new gui and the TextureSet Settings. My bad.
As explained on the first page :
Let me clarify some things :
- When working inside Painter the maximum resolution is 4K
- 8K resolution is only available during export (for stability and performances reasons).
- You can import 8K textures, they will be displayed at 4K, but then exported at 8K properly.
- The dropdown is just too big, there is no "hidden" option
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Let me clarify some things :
- When working inside Painter the maximum resolution is 4K
- 8K resolution is only available during export (for stability and performances reasons).
- You can import 8K textures, they will be displayed at 4K, but then exported at 8K properly.
- The dropdown is just too big, there is no "hidden" option

Oops... in that case everything is working perfectly and I was confused about the import vs display res. Off to go purchase software before the steam sale ends, :-) thanks for your help!

You said "you can import 8k texture and they will be displayed in 4k but exported in 8k" )) strage because if I created 4k canvas
and import 8k texture iside I need to scale 0.5 factor to see full texture right ?
how can I work in 8k if my canvas is 4k ?
when do you plan to  fully implement 8k workflow ?  its highly anticipated feature I'm sure

You said "you can import 8k texture and they will be displayed in 4k but exported in 8k" )) strage because if I created 4k canvas
and import 8k texture iside I need to scale 0.5 factor to see full texture right ?
The 8K texture will be downscaled to 4k automatically, but used as an 8K during the export. You don't had to do anything.

how can I work in 8k if my canvas is 4k ?
when do you plan to  fully implement 8k workflow ?  its highly anticipated feature I'm sure
You can't work in 8K directly. The amount of ram, vram, and processing power required makes it impossible at the moment to be able to work at 8K inside the application. That's why it's only available during export.
-----------

Would love it if you could reduce the 2048mb threshold to 19xx...

I have a 690gtx and... "[Engine Configuration] Export resolution clamped to 4k. More than 2GB of VRAM are required to allows 8k export (1989MB detected)."
Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 08:36:10 pm

Will  this graphic card supports by Substance Painter and 8k?

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 Ti OC 4GB GDDR5 and
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 Mini ITX OC 6GB GDDR .
Thank you in advance!

Will  this graphic card supports by Substance Painter and 8k?

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 Ti OC 4GB GDDR5 and
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 Mini ITX OC 6GB GDDR .
Thank you in advance!

Yes, both should allow exporting in 8k.

Thanks a lot! :)