Author Topic: From Maya to Substance Painter; The UV map goes bananas  (Read 8047 times)

Hello,

There is a problem with my UV map. I'll be much appreciated if you could help me out.

In Maya, the model and its UV map look decent. Then I export it as a FBX file in order to import to Substance Painter (as usual) and my UV goes all messed up.

Just to be sure, I've tried to open the FBX file in Maya, the UV map seems normal.

I've deleted the history, reassigned the material, done freeze transformations, separated/combined again. Nothing seems to be working. I'll attach some screenshots.

Thank you in advance,
M.
Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 10:21:51 am

What is your FBX version ? We only support FBX 2015 at the moment, so be sure to change the version in the export settings.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Hi,

Thank you for the answer. Yes, the first picture is FBX file in Maya and the second one is the same FBX file in Substance Painter. It's FBX 2014 - 2015.
I have been using Substance Painter for a while. I am using the same export settings, so It shouldn't be a version problem.

Thanks,
M.

Can you attach the mesh then ? I will look into it.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Hello Froyok,

Thank you very much for your help. I'll attach mb, fbx and spp files.

Cheers,
M.

You have two UV sets on that mesh, the first one is the only one that will be available for painting in Substance Painter. This is also the one with broken UVs. So no problem in Substance Painter itself, you will have to clean your mesh first before importing it.

-----------