Author Topic: Substance gl shader in maya viewport  (Read 2130 times)

Hi everyone

Congrats for your latest release, it becomes pretty exciting to use substance painter. I hope that we will adopt it fairly soon now that udim and linux is supported.

I was wondering if there is a way to use substance painter's real-time shader ( i believe they are glsl shader?) within maya viewport. It would be amazing to see all the work done in substance while animating!

Is that something achievable ( even if it is not official)?

Keep it up you guys are really on the right track!

H.

Our shader system is very custom and will not be compatible inside an other application. However because we are using PBR (Physically based Rendering), you should be able to get a similar result inside an other application if they have a compatible PBR shader too.

Maya 2016 comes with the "Stingray PBS" (Physically Based Shader). You can use that to connect your maps to and have the proper visuals in the viewport (make sure you're using Viewport 2.0).

Otherwise, you can give a try to this shader : http://www.kostas.se/shaderfx-tga-pbl-shader/
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.