Author Topic: Changing UV Scale: at what scale smart materials/masks are applied  (Read 7740 times)

When you apply a smart material or mask from the library it often has the wrong scale for the object. One object might have an UVW space with many objects, other objects have just a few. I can't get the UV scale consistent along all the objects I create for different/separate projects. The objects where I packed many objects in the UVW have for example too large generated details/edges when I apply a smart material/mask created from an object with less dense UVW.

Isn't there a way to set the scale a smart material/mask is applied at?
Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 06:45:37 am

We don't have a global scale for smart materials at the moment. For the moment you will have to go inside the smart materials layers properties and tweak the scale by hand instead.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Froyok aka Fabrice Piquet, Technical Artist and Product Designer at Allegorithmic.

I know, I already asked this question before. But I thought it would be easier to implement if you were able to add a smart material with a certain scaling. Not the option to scale globally afterwards (though that would be even better).

Back in this thread I posted a filter that you can use to rescale smart materials.

https://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php?topic=8414.0

It would be nice it this were built in, though.

Epi

That will scale textures, but will it scale effects like worn edges?

And where can I download it?

Hi,

The download link is just above the picture.

Pass on how it affects the edges you mention, sorry.

Epi

if you consider adding feature for scaling smartmats in the future upadate be sure to ad rotation of smart materials as well... since you need to adjust fibers in wood materials for example...

We don't have a global scale for smart materials at the moment. For the moment you will have to go inside the smart materials layers properties and tweak the scale by hand instead.

Hey Froyok, scaling the layer properties doesn't seem to have any effect on the scale of the mask. Am I doing something wrong? I have a fill layer with a height of -1. I used an edge damage smart mask. If I change the scale of the layer properties, it has no visible effect on the mask.