Author Topic: Alpha Channel PNG  (Read 14175 times)

Ok, I found a few minutes to test a bit more:

I checked, if my diffuse "cliff-image" has an alpha, which is not the case
(see cliff_no_alpha_gimp) Gimp clearly shows just 3 channels, R G B.

Then I try to save this image as BMP file - when open in B2M I got an error
(see B2M_BMP_open_error) It seems, this error occures, when you try to open a bmp, which has got a "color-space-information" in it, When saving a bmp without this information, B2M opens it correct (and displays no alpha)

Which is not the case, when open the Cliff-image.png (which also got no alpha, like I stated before) (see B2M_has_alpha)

On export, when saving as jpg, the alpha is gone, that´s correct - but I want to save as PNG, because of better quality (lossless)...
Saving as BMP for a work-around maybe is an option here.

Thanks for creating a SD node to remove any unwanted alpha from a normal map, but to be honest - I´d like B2M to

1. Do not add alpha information, when open a png file
2. Do not put any height/displace or whatnot information into my normal maps

Just like before the actual version or like in the trial version - this worked perfect!

Cheers!

Ok, I found a few minutes to test a bit more:

I checked, if my diffuse "cliff-image" has an alpha, which is not the case
(see cliff_no_alpha_gimp) Gimp clearly shows just 3 channels, R G B.

Then I try to save this image as BMP file - when open in B2M I got an error
(see B2M_BMP_open_error) It seems, this error occures, when you try to open a bmp, which has got a "color-space-information" in it, When saving a bmp without this information, B2M opens it correct (and displays no alpha)

Which is not the case, when open the Cliff-image.png (which also got no alpha, like I stated before) (see B2M_has_alpha)

On export, when saving as jpg, the alpha is gone, that´s correct - but I want to save as PNG, because of better quality (lossless)...
Saving as BMP for a work-around maybe is an option here.

Thanks for creating a SD node to remove any unwanted alpha from a normal map, but to be honest - I´d like B2M to

1. Do not add alpha information, when open a png file
2. Do not put any height/displace or whatnot information into my normal maps

Just like before the actual version or like in the trial version - this worked perfect!

Cheers!

Yes, you're right. It needs to work in B2M. I forgot to mention the devs are saying it would be best to add switch for removing alpha. This will be updated in B2M.

Cheers,

Wes
Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Ahhh, ok - so it will be kind of fixed with an update - that´s a good thing :)

for the next update - maybe you could ponit the devs here?

http://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php/topic,1064.0.html

Have a good one