Author Topic: Import/Export Filters in the Library?  (Read 5234 times)

Hi, I'm fairly new to SD and had a workflow question. (Nothing turned up in search).

Is it possible to save (import/export) a custom folder with filters from the Library Window? We want to be able to share a central library among all of our users without having to create/update it on each person's machine anytime a new graph is created.

Thank you

The configuration of the Library filters and categories is stored in a .ini file in this folder:

C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Allegorithmic\Substance-Designer\4\user_shelf_settings.ini

Sharing that file should do the trick, just make sure the folders are adjusted depending on where people have installed Substance Designer and their own libraries.

That's a start - thanks. I still think it would be more valuable to have an import/export so users can just append to their ini as we add more substances, instead of having to replace the whole thing each time.

If users want to add their own filters on top of the shared library, they will get wiped out every time they overwrite it.

Yes, this issue has already been mentioned before, I think we plan on improving that soon.

I'm using SD5 and can not find 'user_shelf_settings.ini'.
Is there any way importing the configuration of the library filter setting from others in Substance Designer 5?

I'm using SD5 and can not find 'user_shelf_settings.ini'.
Is there any way importing the configuration of the library filter setting from others in Substance Designer 5?

Hi,

In SD5 it has been merged with the Project Settings (.sbsprj) file.
C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Allegorithmic\Substance Designer\5

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja