Author Topic: Unreal Engine 4 and substance designer  (Read 14572 times)

I agree completely, this is good news.  ;D

Hey Guys,

I believe there is going to be an official announcement from Allegorithmic next week. Stay tuned : )

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Can't wait ^_^

Hey Guys,

I believe there is going to be an official announcement from Allegorithmic next week. Stay tuned : )

Cheers,

Wes
Soooo? .-----.

great things take time :)

How about some news guys?

How about some news guys?

I believe the UE4 plugin is available today. Here is the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFkJmHvCUuY
the3dninja@adobe.com

Awesome! I've been waiting for this. Any chance for a binary release? I don't feel all that comfortable messing around with compiling the plugin myself...

Guys, I thought we'd just have to copy over the directory structure, maybe I'm wrong?

After copying, I went to enable the plugin, this is my error:

The procedure entry point ?PostEditImport@UMaterialExpression@@UEAAXXZ could not be located in the dynamic link library c:\blah blah...\UE4Editor_SubstanceCore.dll

HELP

Well I copied the two dll files where I thought they should go, seems I was wrong in my guesswork, as I don't even get that error :(

Be careful guys, I installed this and tried it on a working project, I cannot open that project now as I'm getting a crash in UE4Editor_cmd.exe every time.

I tried restoring UE4 by verifying install, it update, but my file still won't open. This is a bummer because it was a production project.

DO NOT TEST SD/UE4 integration on production files!

Hey Guys,

We have a detailed thread on how to setup the plugin. Please check this out and see if it answers your questions. Let me know if you have any issues. I''ve been a Unity guy and UE4 is new to me, so I'm working to figure it out well.

http://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php/topic,1223.0.html

Cheers,

Wes
the3dninja@adobe.com