Author Topic: Unreal Engine 4 and substance designer  (Read 14564 times)

Is there any information i can find on if the both of them work together and how?

I was thinking the same thing.  ;D

Looks really hot can't wait to start building with this but i have to finsh my current projects first xD

UE4 does look cool. You're doing a great job with your projects mag7spy, I'd stick with UDK until they're done

Bad news that
the first  Version of UE4 donot support it
i cannot import the SBS Files to the Content

Hope someone can fixthis

Thanks a lot I will be finshing those 3 within the next month for sure, have that 7000$ diploma on the line haha. Though i have a much bigger personnel project planned for UE4 im really excited to start working on.

Ahh that's a shame it u can't bring it in yet, most likely will happen in future updates but we can still save out those substances and import them directly as textures :)

Missingqian, UDK doesn't support SBS files either. You're supposed to use the published SBSAR files. Is that what you tried to import?

I might just try myself but deep freeze makes it hard to keep udk on my computers at the college >.>

Fail to import unknown file extention so its looking like a no go so far, unless I missed something.

So I'm guessing we will have to wait for Allegorithmic to release a substance SDK that can be integrated with UE4.

So I'm guessing we will have to wait for Allegorithmic to release a substance SDK that can be integrated with UE4.
That is fine with me. Better for them to take their time than to release an error-prone thingy.
Anyway, I suppose they are bound by a NDA, as usually they reply quite fast to pretty much any question.

Ya i was wondering why there hasnt been a reply yet, my only hope is its another awesome update that will blow me away :D

Anyway, I suppose they are bound by a NDA, as usually they reply quite fast to pretty much any question.

I doubt there are NDA issues considering UE4 is about as open as one can get without being open source.

My guess is more a matter of licensing issues. I would imagine that Allegorthmic was compensated rather handsomely for their engine being integrated into UE3/UDK.

We might end up being stuck with the only option being to license the engine directly ourselves on an individual basis to integrate into UE4... that would suck as I doubt that option is particularly economical for indies :(

Sure would be nice to get an official response on the matter.

Hi Guyz,

Sorry for the delay it took us to answer, but most of us were at GDC so we couldn't go on the forum as much as we wanted.

The good news is that Substance will be integrated into UE4 :) We cannot provide any ETA yet, but we will have more news very soon!

Cheers,
Nicolas
Head of Product Management

Thanks for the update Nicholas. That is great news indeed :)