Author Topic: "Reload SBSAR..." not working  (Read 3207 times)

Here is the next one:

1. I used the same substance that I used describing the bug concerning exposed colors: a simple blend of a uniform color with a grayscale texture.
2. Load that substance into Modo and assign it to your mesh.
3. Go back to SD, change the color of the "Uniform Color Node".
4. Republish SBSAR file.
5. Go back to Modo and click "Reload SBSAR...".
6. I'd expect the diffuse map to be updated with the new color - but nothing happens.

The new color shows up if you delete the substance in Modo and load it back in. But that's not the way it is meant to be, is it?

So what is this??? I tried three things out using SD in Modo and all three failed. I'm about switching back to 3D-Coat and Photoshop ...  :(

Regards,
Michael

Here is the next one:

1. I used the same substance that I used describing the bug concerning exposed colors: a simple blend of a uniform color with a grayscale texture.
2. Load that substance into Modo and assign it to your mesh.
3. Go back to SD, change the color of the "Uniform Color Node".
4. Republish SBSAR file.
5. Go back to Modo and click "Reload SBSAR...".
6. I'd expect the diffuse map to be updated with the new color - but nothing happens.

The new color shows up if you delete the substance in Modo and load it back in. But that's not the way it is meant to be, is it?

So what is this??? I tried three things out using SD in Modo and all three failed. I'm about switching back to 3D-Coat and Photoshop ...  :(

Regards,
Michael

Hi Michael,

I'm very sorry to hear you've had this much trouble with the MODO plugin. We are working on a new version of the plugin and these issues will be resolved.

I will check on the SBSAR reload and get back with you ASAP. Please feel free to contact me directly at wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com and I can help you with MODO workflows.

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hi Wes,
I sent you an e-mail since that seems to be the best way to get any help. Although it shouldn't.
Regards,
Michael

Hi Wes,
I sent you an e-mail since that seems to be the best way to get any help. Although it shouldn't.
Regards,
Michael

Hi Michael,

I received your email and will get right on this. We are usually very prompt in these forums, but a lot of the key moderators including myself where working at GDC all last week. I am very sorry for any delays.

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja