Author Topic: Export Mask plugin not working  (Read 3593 times)

Hi,

A few days back i was wondering how to export masks from Substance Painter. I found a plugin that does exactly that but needed to upgrade to Substance Painter 2.1. I did so but now it is not recognizing the plugin. I copied it into the plugins folder as the instructions say but it doesn't work, I'm not seein the button that is supposed to appear once it recognizes the plugin.

What am i doing wrong? it's just copy the plugin into the folder, right?

Thanks

Hi,

A few days back i was wondering how to export masks from Substance Painter. I found a plugin that does exactly that but needed to upgrade to Substance Painter 2.1. I did so but now it is not recognizing the plugin. I copied it into the plugins folder as the instructions say but it doesn't work, I'm not seein the button that is supposed to appear once it recognizes the plugin.

What am i doing wrong? it's just copy the plugin into the folder, right?

Thanks

Hi,

Did you set the export directory? If you have the Log view open, it will show an error if you try to export without setting the export directory. You can do this on the Export Masks View. Once you have set the directory, the export will work.

Cheers,
Wes

Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Thanks.

I don't see this "Export Masks View" you are metioning. It is suppose to be in the plugin? cuz Painter is not recognizing the plugin. I just copied the file I download from Substance Share into the Plugins folder, I did nothing else, and Painter is not seeing anything.

Of course I know I'm missing something, but that's the step I'm trying to locate.

Thanks again.

Thanks.

I don't see this "Export Masks View" you are metioning. It is suppose to be in the plugin? cuz Painter is not recognizing the plugin. I just copied the file I download from Substance Share into the Plugins folder, I did nothing else, and Painter is not seeing anything.

Of course I know I'm missing something, but that's the step I'm trying to locate.

Thanks again.

Hmm, I just double checked it from the share upload and it's working. It could be the view is not showing. Checkout this image. Under Views, make sure the Export Masks is enabled. Then you should see the view for setting the export directory.

Cheers,
Wes

Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Done! it was me of course.

I was copying it in the Programs folder and not in the Documents. I got confused because both of them have a Plugins folder.

Thanks.

Bringing this back again.

A coworker tried to use the plugin in his machine and it is crashing it.

He installed the plugin, opened Painter, crashed; now Painter doesn't start unless he erases the plugin from the Plugins folder.

The error log doesn't have a particular message, it only says that the Tool stopped working.

Any ideas?

Did he send a crash report ?
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

I don't know. Let me tell him.